Monday, September 25, 2006

Telemarketers

Every once in awhile I'll complete reverse my opinion about something, and this is one of those topics.

I used to feel bad for telemarketers, because let's face it....they have probably the worst job in the world (next to a TTC bus driver). And people must yell at them every day. My policy was always to wait for that first pause, and tell them in a nice way that I'm not interested.

Well, things have changed. Now they'll call your cell phone, at any time of day seemingly. At you can't interrupt them anymore. Even if you manage, they won't let you hang up. It's like they have morphed into bacteria resistant tuberculous!

I was letting them get me mad, but now when I get one of those calls....I feel calm because I know it's ok to hang up on them.

No comments: