Thursday, November 16, 2006

Iraq - At Least Another 10 Years Of Violence

So many opinions on Iraq....here's what I think.

Now that it's begun, nothing will can stop violence between these different religious groups. Not more US troops, not training an Iraqi army with US troops, not a pullout of US troops, not anybody else's troops, not Oprah, not a plan to segregate the country, not an airdrop of 2 for 1 coupons at Fallujah Falafel, not talks between the tribe elders.......I mean nothing will work.

The only thing that stopped this from happening before was the Hussein government. So Saddam gets the death penalty for oppressing the Kurds during an uprising, but didn't the US gov't kill 70 some odd people in Waco for similar reasons? If you're running a country like Iraq, a show of force might be necessary sometimes. I mean, look what has happened without the strong gov't....it's civil war.

So I think at a minimum, we'll see at least 10 more years of violence. Hopefully they'll get it out of their system by then.

1 comment:

Meguma said...

I think I will call you Nostradamus.