Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Filler Time

I have nothing to say, but I need a new post. So how about them Raptors? Ummm, that won't work, I don't watch basketball. So here's some random crap....

Aeroplan sent me an email telling me that my 16,000 points are going to expire if I don't use them by July 1. In case you're not familiar, 15,000 points is enough for one, short haul flight. So I can go as far south as Georgia, or to New York, or to Newfoundland. So that's cool, but I'm not sure I want to go anywhere. Any suggestions?

I will be doing yet another inner city move at the end of May, but I know I'll end up paying more rent than where I am now. Not that I can change my mind, I already told my landlord. I would buy something, but all I could afford is a newer, tiny condo that's way too small, an old condo with ridiculously high condo fees, or something not in Toronto. All 3 choices, I find non-appealing. Plus I keep waiting for this recession to hit, dammit.

I found out that I like cross country skiing quite a bit by going out with a local outdoor club a few times. Plus x-country is cheap, and a lot more challenging than one would think.

The government announced $1.5 billion for a new Toronto subway expansion. Who plans cities? They suck cock. The subway expansion plan blows almost as bad as the dedicated St. Clair streetcar plan, or how about the "let's tear down the Gardiner and put traffic lights" idea. The problem with the subway expansion is they're assuming everyone wants to go from the suburbs to downtown, and back again. But people ain't goin' downtown. Ask anyone who works in a business park. The one I work in Mississauga is expanding like a mofu, and people are driving to it from places like Orangeville, Barrie, and Ajax. How's this subway going to help them? Oh yeah, it'll ease the congestion. Right.

I find that actress from Grey's Anatomy, Katherine Heigl, to be the hottest new chick going. She's the quintessential blonde bombshell. Heigl, what is that....German? Maybe she should change it to Himler.

Heigl Pic

Well, that's enough filler. Have a nice day.

1 comment:

Wade Marshall said...

First you get a blackberry.....now you're quoting former US Federal Reserve Chief, Alan Greenspan (i.e. 30% chance of a recession)

At this pace, yes, you will be doing IT forever. Welcome to the beginning of the end.