Monday, October 02, 2006

Bachelor

I know a million other people have said this, but what's one more time going to hurt....

The TV show The Bachelor is on again..."The Bachelor Rome". I'll admit I only watched 5 minutes, but I feel so bad for these women. Like what are they thinking?

These accomplished, tall, gorgeous women haven't even met the guy yet and they're all swooning because the guy is a prince. In this day and age, I would've figured the royalty tag would be viewed as archaic, and even worse, a clear marker that you aren't self-made.

I guess what bugs me the most is the pure capitulation of it all....just to win. How is this viewed as romance? And is it really worth it to make a complete ass of yourself? It's not like the odds are good either, only a 1/27 chance of "winning".

Especially these women....these doctors, these lawyers, and these teachers.....with genes most of us could only dream of having. Is this how they want to be remembered?

No comments: