Sunday, October 01, 2006

Stu

Often I feel trapped by my job or my life, but occasionally something will remind me that's it's really my choice to live they way I do.

What I'm talking about is I got a great email from my friend Stu today. See, he's managed to talk his company into letting him work in Costa Rica this winter by telecommuting (he's a copywriter). This is something that a lot of people wouldn't even consider trying, but he asked and they said yes.

Not that this is out of the ordinary, I remember when Stu got laid off from his marketing job a few years ago....the first thing he did was go to Mexico for 3 months. Again, most people wouldn't conceive of taking a long vacation just after losing a job, but for him, it was an opportunity.

So I know I'll never be like Stu, but he's invited me to come down and visit (which is better than spending all winter up here!). So maybe I can share a bit that independence....

No comments: