Friday, February 16, 2007

Another Ticketmaster Robbery In The Name Of Norah


Norah Looking Cute

I'd say for the past 10 years, I may have gone to 2-3 concerts. I probably would've gone to 10-20 if it wasn't for Ticketmaster and their insane fees. Only Pearl Jam has had the balls to try and stand up to them, and they lost that battle.

I'm telling you this because I discovered Norah Jones is coming to Massey Hall and I really like her. In all ways possible. She very stalkworthy.

So I ask the web site for 2 tix, Best Available. What kind of dream world do I live in anyway? Yeah sure, I'll just pick up some Norah Jones seats, probably weeks after they went on sale. Maybe no one knows she's coming!

Of course, the site said "None Available". But....I read on the Fuck You It's Sold Out page....."Try changing your setting to Best Available, or reduce the number of seats asked for."

Reduce the number of seats to 1? Hmmm, ok. I mean, it's Norah Jones bitches. So I did, and a seat came available!

PRICE LEVEL 1 - OBSTRUCTED VIEW SEATING

An obstructed view, single? Full price? Hmmm, ok. You only live once, right?

So check out the fees I'm paying.....for this obstructed view, single seat.

Full Price Ticket      $57.50 x 1
Facility Charge        $ 2.50 x 1
Convenience Charge     $ 6.50 x 1

Delivery (Pickup)      $ 0.00
Order Processing Fee   $ 3.50

TOTAL CHARGES CA       $70.00

Facility charge  -  Yeah, I'm sure.
Convenience charge  -  Ok, that's Ticketmaster's cut.
Other Processing Fee  -  Come again? What? Other? Fuck! They couldn't even come up with a bullshit name? Those assholes.

So in summary, I'm shelling out $70 to sit behind a pillar to listen to (but not see) Norah Jones, by myself. Cool.

3 comments:

Meguma said...

it saids order processing fee, not other processing fee.

hey did you hear the police are touring? i almost bought tickets for their Montreal concert. don't know why i chickened out

Wade Marshall said...

I think everyone is somewhat interested in seeing The Police again, probably because they're one of those bands that broke up too soon. And none of the band members died by choking on their own vomit. Weird.

Wade Marshall said...

Oh ok, "Order Processing Fee". Now I feel better...that's sound legit.