Monday, February 05, 2007

Pan's Labyrinth

The best and worst experiences happen when you go into a movie knowing nothing. I am very disorganzied, so this happens to me a lot. Well, I think I experienced a little of both when I saw Pan's Labyrinth yesterday.

I was expecting some light, whimisical fare like Ella Enchanted or maybe even the original Labyrinth movie. Well let me tell you....this ain't no Labyrinth and Anne Hathaway is not getting tied to a tree while wearing a low cut blouse.

This movie is violent. And depressing. And in Spanish for fuck's sakes! Layered on top of this dark setting is some magic shit, but it's not even nice magic shit. And there is a sorta happy ending (which lasts 2 mins), but it doesn't really fit, and it's so late in coming it hardly makes up for the 2 hours of despair.

All that being said, I've never seen a movie like it and was on the edge of my seat at times. Just don't buy the DVD for your 11 year old niece.

4 comments:

Wade Marshall said...

I make it a policy not to reply to blogless ladies.

Wade Marshall said...

haha, funny....not !!

Wade Marshall said...

oops, i wasn't referring to your kraft dinner comment but rather your blog entry

Wade Marshall said...

i think u r my only reader so i'd better watch my mouth